Monday, January 14, 2013

A-tisket, a-tasket, a green and yellow BASKET....

Well my baskets aren't green and yellow as you can see....but they remind me of that favorite nursery rhyme
Once a month I have the opportunity to go to The Terrace, a retirement facility, and stamp with the residents. When there in December, they asked if we could make a basket so this is what I came up with.  I only have an hour to spend with them so I had to come up with something pretty quick and easy. 
The pink basket was made using a 12 x 12 piece of card stock, scored at 3" on all four sides.  On two sides I cut to the fold line (by looking at the picture I hope you can follow what I'm saying).  Then, all that's left to do is to bring up the two sides and tape it together.  It's hard to see in the picture but I put a brad on each side to adhere the handle to the basket.  The designer paper inserts measured 2 3/4 x 2 3/4.  The majority of the ladies are going to use these for Easter baskets for their grandchildren.  
The smaller red basket was made using a 6 x 6 piece of card stock and scored at 2" on all four sides.  It turned out so cute and they couldn't wait to go to the store to pick up some Valentine chocolates.
They also made the little triangle favor that's filled with Hershey Kisses which I'm sure all of you have seen.  Several ladies plan on making these for their friends for Valentines Day. You can get 4 out of one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock.  Each triangle is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, scored at 1 1/2, 2 1/2 and 4.
On my next visit, they want to make a couple of cards and several more Valentine treats.  I'll share those after that class in early February.
Thanks for joining me today.  Have a great week and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment